Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How tons concrete disks can a 420w PSU support?

I hold a pc beside a 420w PSU and 4 hard disks (2 SATA night raid 0 and 2 maste/slave IDE) plus I have a DVD-RW on IDE2.

The query is can I install one more disk or will I fry the PSU/Disks ?

The rest of the system is not that power hungry, namely it is an AMD Sempron 2600+ system next to an NVidia 5200 GPU.

How tons concrete disks can a 420w PSU support?

You could put 10 more in, they simply take more or less 13 watts, and you are only running around 250 right very soon. Okay in sincerity I would probably wouldn't push it that far, but you have plenty of power for 1 more or 3 more.
Do some reseach on your psu and conceivably you will find the answer you are looking for.
i think it depends on how lots your motherboard can support and check the box that it came next to and it should show you how much power its using

No comments:

Post a Comment